sábado, 14 de septiembre de 2013

Hi!

Hi everyone! I'm Myriam, I'm excited to be taking this course! It's difficult to choose what science fiction movies/series/books are in my Top 5 list, so I'm going to tell you what I'm currently watching/reading instead. I'm reading J.G. Ballard - The Complete Short Stories, I'm watching a series called Last Exile, which seems to be very interesting so far and I'm about to watch a movie called The Girl Who Leapt Through Timeit's regarded as one of the best science fiction animation movies ever made, so I hope I won't be disappointed!


What is Kipple? 

"Kipple is useless objects, like junk mail or match folders after you use the last match or gum wrappers or yesterday's homeopape. When nobody's around, kipple reproduces itself. For instance, if you go to bed leaving any kipple around your apartment, when you wake up the next morning there's twice as much of it. It always gets more and more." Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? - Philip K. Dick.






2 comentarios:

  1. Respuestas
    1. I just realized that the comment that I posted a few hours ago was a major spoiler! I'll just say the following: It's a beautiful movie and it deals with a lot conflicts in a way that can make us reflect on the way we make decisions (http://www.best-animes.tv/the-girl-who-leapt-through-time/).




      Keep reading if you don't mind spoilers! (I do, I usually hate spoilers actually)


      This movie wasn't what I was expecting it to be, but it was great! I thought the ending was really sad though, I would have liked it to end differently. She doesn't travel through time to visit other eras, she does it to change the events in her own life and the lives of people close to her, so the movie focuses on her decisions and the effects that they cause; it's really interesting!





      Eliminar